Family First Healthcare: Pain Management is proud to serve Northeast Georgia. By providing patients with affordable pain management, we help fight the growing problem with opiate abuse in our community. For more information on how to get help with addiction or drug abuse, please call the Substance Abuse and Mental health Services Administration’s national helpline: 1-800-662-4357. It is available 24/7 and offers service in English or Spanish.
For how you can help those suffering from opiate addiction, subscribe to our newsletter by clicking the button below.
- NSAID Pain relievers: (Ibuprofen, naproxen, and aspirin) Acetaminophen (commonly sold as Tylenol)
- Antidepressants: Although typically used to treat depression, Antidepressants have been shown to have a strong effect on nerve-based pain.
- Anti-seizeure: effective when treating nerve-related pain.
- Steroids: Prednisone, Dexamethasone, etc to alleviate inflammation and pain.
- Narcotics: Opioid-based drugs, painkillers, etc
- Epidural injections or Nerve Blocks: When many people hear epidural injections, they think of labor pains during child birth. But epidurals in pain management seek to apply steroids directly to the nerves causing pain. Using a specialized x-ray machine, the treatment can be applied with precision to alleviate pain.
- Bio Feedback: Biofeedback therapies hope to distract your thoughts from the pain. They are multipurpose, also helping reduce stress, increase self esteem and provide a great deal of relaxation.
If you have heard about or would like to try any other pain relief method, we urge you to bring it up at your next visit.
Meet Our Doctors